English classes online are done via skype in real time.
The methodology is exactly the same as that used in face-to-face classes.
You will have a free trial class where we set objectives and assess your current level. Together, we design a study program with realistic and concrete objectives.
Material is sent to the student via email both before and after the class. All material will be provided at no extra cost to the student throughout the course.
The main priority is to improve communication skills in English and help students express themselves more confidently.
With this aim in mind, a variety of material is used and chosen in accordance with each student’s level, needs, interests and objectives.
The study program is very complete dealing with the most important skills in language learning.
- Speaking: improve fluency, accuracy, pronunciation and confidence.
- Understanding: fine tune listening comprehension skills in a variety of contexts and improve reading skills.
- Vocabulary: develop a large vocabulary with the aim of improving one’s ability to speak and understand English.
- Natural Expression: learn idiomatic expressions, phrasal verbs and sayings, which make up such an important part of the language.
- Writing: learn to express oneself clearly and accurately.
Eliminating common mistakes
Great emphasis is placed on eliminating the most common mistakes made by Spanish speakers when speaking English. These errors are of various types and can often confuse your listener or impede communication completely.
a) Structural mistakes:
These occur when translating word for word without taking into account the structural differences between English and Spanish.
b) Incorrect word use:
Some words which seem to be identical in English and Spanish have completely different meanings. In addition, many words are used mistakenly for a variety of reasons.
English pronunciation is often very difficult for Spanish speakers due to the large number of vowel sounds and the manner in which a word or parts of a sentence are either accented or compressed.
We will deal with the most common problems and use a systematic approach in order to improve pronunciation.